Saturday 8 July 2017

Nigeria should be Name Biafra...

This nation would have been great, if allowed to be called Biafra (Bia, Come/Return the children of Afra). #Biafra50.

If I was Igbo in a state that spent 2 billion naira in the celebration of its 50 years, but not even 2 flowers laid in the remembrance of the 2 million, who lost their lives and properties at the inception of such state's creation. I think I'll be angry, in fact, I'll be very angry.


If I was Igbo in present day Nigeria, yes that same nigeria that murdered 2 million of its own family, in the bid to keep itself one, that nation which crushed the hopes, aspirations and visions of my fathers, and still made me grow up with metal beads of humiliation, strapped around my neck, as a punishment that comes with such audacity to dream and to be courageous enough to act upon such aspiration for Babylon.

If i had grown up being reminded constantly that my fathers were failures, and that the way to deal with traitors is by omitting their progenies from the future plan, yet the nation in which I'm forced to accept, even in 50years, hasn't won beyond the grandeur and the failure of our hopes, because when you trap me down, you too must remain down for me to remain down. If I was the one trapped down by a weak human mind, I'll be angry, in fact, I'll be really angry.

But unfortunately, I'm not Igbo, in fact, I'm still struggling to understand what makes me a Nigerian aside the fact that a certain green paper, which bears my credentials say so. But I'm Yoruba to my bones, that much I know and, i should take responsibility for all that my fathers either did or didn't do to alter this genocide, not for the sake of what is gone, but for the sake of cohesion, in an intricately complex present, for the sake of the stifling #memory, that continuously reduce our ability to collectively embrace the future in clean hearts and cleansed hands.

Today, I'll exercise a minute silence, to take a moment and deeply meditate upon what two million lives really look like, when taken away from one big family.

Courtesy: Qudus Onikeku (CEO Qcenter).
www.qudusonikeku.com
#qudusonikeku.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Nigerians were warned not to vote Buhari Ten Years Ago? Obviously Nigerians do not like to read and that is why we are where we are...