Thursday 20 April 2017

BABACHIR LAWAL FIRES BACK!

WHO'S THE PRESIDENCY?

In an encounter with reporters shortly after his suspension was announced, a clearly shocked Babachir Lawal, the secretary to the government of the federation, told reporters to ask the “presidency” why he was suspended.

When he was informed that his suspension was announced by the presidency, he retorted: “Who is the presidency?”

It was gathered that Lawal had been in a meeting with the vice-president when the presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, announced his suspension pending investigations into the the award of contracts under the Presidential Initiative on the North East (PINE).

Below is the exchange of the sacked SGF and the state house correspondents as transcribed by TheCable News in full;

Reporters: Your suspension has just been announced. How will you react to the development?

Lawal: Who announced it?

Reporters: The presidency

Lawal: Then ask them. Why are you asking me? Who is the presidency?

Reporters: Have you been informed of the suspension?

Lawal: By who? About what. What about you? Have you been informed?

Reporters: Yes sir.

Lawal: By who?

Reporters: By the Presidency sir.

Lawal: I have not seen it. I should have been given… I have not seen the press release so I cannot comment on it.

Reporters: It is currently trending online. Are you doubting the authenticity of the statement?

Lawal: I have not seen it.

Reporters: Tell us the outcome of your meeting with the vice-president.

Lawal: I am always here. I always meet the vice-president. I used to come here even before I was made SGF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Nigerians were warned not to vote Buhari Ten Years Ago? Obviously Nigerians do not like to read and that is why we are where we are...